Here are the answers from our Irish friends. ☘️
On St Patrick's Day, people in the US often wear green clothes as a way of celebrating their Irish heritage. Many people also choose to eat traditional Irish food on this day, such as shepherd's pie and Guinness. Some people also drink green beer as a way of adding to the festive atmosphere.
So let's dive in.
1. Do I have to wear green on St Patrick's Day?
- No, you don't have to wear green, but it is a popular color associated with the day.
2. Why do we celebrate St Patrick's Day?
- St Patrick's Day is celebrated as the anniversary of St Patrick's death. He was the patron saint of Ireland.
3. What is the traditional food to eat on St Patrick's Day?
- Some popular Irish foods to eat on St Patrick's Day are corned beef and cabbage, shepherd's pie, and bangers and mash.
4. What is the traditional drink to drink on St Patrick's Day?
- Some popular Irish drinks to drink on St Patrick's Day are Guinness, Irish whiskey, and Bailey's.
5. Are there any traditional St Patrick's Day activities?
- Yes, some popular St Patrick's Day activities include parades, festivals, and Ireland's national holiday.
6. What is the meaning of St Patrick's Day?
- St Patrick's day is a religious holiday that celebrates the Christian saint, Patrick. He was known for bringing Christianity to Ireland.
7. How do people celebrate St Patrick's Day in Ireland?
- People in Ireland celebrate St Patrick's Day by attending religious services, wearing green, and eating traditional Irish food.
8. What is the history of St Patrick's Day?
- The history of St Patrick's Day goes back to the early 17th century when it was first celebrated as a religious holiday in Ireland.
9. Who is the patron saint of Ireland?
- The patron saint of Ireland is St Patrick. He was born in Britain and was known for bringing Christianity to Ireland.
10. What are some other popular names for St Patrick's Day?
- Some other popular names for St Patrick's Day are Paddy's Day, Saint Patrick's Day, and Lá Fhéile Pádraig.
11. When did Saint Patrick's Day originate in the United States?
- The first St. Patrick's Day parade in the United States was held in Boston on March 17, 1737. New York City held its first parade one year later. Today, St. Patrick's Day is celebrated all over the country with parades, festivals, and other Irish-themed events.
So if you're looking to celebrate St Patrick's Day in style, make sure you wear some green, eat some delicious Irish food, and drink plenty of Guinness! Sláinte!
P.S. Get 17% OFF on all our products today only. Don't miss out - hurry and order now before this special deal ends tonight at 11:59 pm EST on March 17, 2022.
🍀 Happy St Patrick's day!